Friday, December 30, 2016

And so our work begins


And So Our Work Begins


“The most precious gift we can offer others is our presence…”    Thich Nhat Hanh

There is a time of year in which people are coming home. College students finish exams, workers head home for Thanksgiving, Christmas or other occasions. Airports are crowded with children of all ages who are on their way back to their families. A few weeks ago, I joined the community of Green Mountain Monastery. Embracing religious life, in this place, I found a “home” for my soul and being. Coming home is one of life’s sweet gifts. Coming home is more than a holiday vacation

It reminds me of when I return home to Indonesia to visit my mother, brother and sisters. The spirit of welcome is there and it is such a joy to meet and be together, to share stories and greet one another. As we come together we garden, cook, and clean, recreate and play with the children. 

We are not only playing, we discuss many things about God, the Universe and life. My presence gives joy to them in the spirit of reunion and welcome.

Coming home in the spirit is making a place where  I can embrace the reality of my family, my community, my society and my being as well. I experience coming home, when I accept God’s grace in many forms

My community is cultivating love, compassion and the mercy of God in this time of uncertainty after the election in this country. We commit to the practice of energy balancing every morning after our morning prayer. It seems we are trying 24 hours a day and 7 days a week to be a space of balance and coherence for the world by becoming ourselves the wholeness the world so desperately needs.  

We welcome whatever circumstances of life arise with a spirit of gratitude, love and abundance.
We uphold the sacred community of life in all its forms.  We give our lives to the following of Christ and the power of love which he has shown us.  We pledge to go forward as a Single Sacred Community, and see the dwelling place of God everywhere, offering us a deep welcome-
Forests, rivers, fields, animals.....they all say welcome!  You are part of us and we are part of you. 
One family, one single, sacred community! 





No comments:

Post a Comment